Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Little Swimmer


Connor is starting to wiggle around a bit. He isn't crawling and I'm not sure he is technically scooting, but he'll be in one spot and a few minutes later he'll be two feet away and facing a different direction. Last Sunday I was cleaning and Tom came home while I was moping. I stopped to talk to him while Connor was playing with his magnets on the fridge. A few minutes later my mop handle was being tugged on. Connor had wiggled his way over and was mostly on my mop. It looked like he wanted to chew the handle. Not wanting to encourage that, I gave him a little ride and he just stared up at me with his mouth gaping open. He started to hang off the side, so I set him on more squarely and kept sliding the mop back and forth. He loved it!
Connor started a Discovery Swim class on January 5th. He loved it. There are only two other kids (a 3 year old and a 6 month old) in the class. He still loves the water and loves to splash and wriggle and kick. I told Tom I'm worried he's a little to comfortable. One of the things they do is have you stand your little guy on the edge and let them jump in (you're in there to catch them, obviously.) Today we were the first to arrive and we were all changed and waiting. So I was letting Connor walk up and down the length of the pool (He loves to hold your hands and walk here and there - I must add how gorgeous he is in his little yellow bathing suit that is covered in fish, waddling barefoot along the pool.) He kept walking over to the edge and trying to slide in. I don't have any pictures of him in his class yet, since I'm in the water and can't take them, but I will hopefully get some in a few weeks.
Today in class he was kind of clingy. I think it mostly came down to him being tired. I think he's having a little separation anxiety and he hasn't been napping well. That and just all the moving in the class wears him out. He was falling apart in the changing room while I was trying to get him dressed to go home and we had hardly left the parking lot before he fell asleep. So I got him home and nursed him and laid him down for a nap. Well his hair must have still been a little damp. When I went in to wake him up he had this crazy hair happening and I just had to share! Look at that smile! Those Teeth!

No comments: