Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 29, 2008

Knock, Knock... Who's there? PEANUT!

I think I felt my first kicks on December 15th and Tom says he has felt some as well. Generally they seem to happen behind my ever tightening zipper. I have been wearing Bella Bands (like a tube top that you wear around your waist to hold your pants up when you leave them unbuttoned and increasingly unzipped) for about a month. They were working great at first when I could leave my pants half zipped, but now that I need to leave them more and more undone, I feel like my pants are going to fall off every time I bend over or squat.

So I went and tried on some maternity cloths today at Motherhood Maternity. Now trying on clothes on a good day is never my favorite thing to do. I was actually pleased to be able to fit into the regular length maternity pants they had on hand and find they look pretty good. They were just A LOT more form fitting then my Levis. However none of the tops fit quite right, including the bras. All in all I walked with a new top and a sense of general failure. One of the sales clerks was skinny and 13 weeks pregnant and had the cutes little (actually it was pretty big for 13 weeks) baby bump. All I could think about as I stood there in my skin tight maternity pants with the giant navy blue belly panel and the maternity bras that just weren't quite right, was that I didn't look pregnant, I just looked fat.

According to the scale on Sunday morning I've only gained 8lbs so far. That is post Christmas and 4 months pregnant. I don't think that's to bad.

No comments: