Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Still Waiting...


Well here we are! One day past our due date and no end in sight. Peanut has asked for college catalogs and is picking out furniture. It was really funny when I was going through the line at Bi-Lo yesterday and the checker asked me "Ohhhh When are you due?" The look on her face when I said "Today." was pretty funny. Then she asked if we were having a little girl. I gave her my standard "No, we're having a Surprise!" It seems Peanut has more surprises in store then I bargained for. I think everyone was pretty sure I was going to have Nutter Butter early. Surprise! Nutter is already like Mommy and Daddy (a day late...)

The one nice thing about being late is that Tom and I did get to keep our anniversary dinner reservations last night at Peninsula Grill. It was great to have one last chance to get out, just the two of us, for one last REALLY NICE dinner. When I got home with the groceries and it was time to start getting ready for dinner I started having contractions and pressure in my belly. I took this time to tell Nutter that this was unacceptable. If Nutter has made us wait this long, It could wait a few more hours before deciding it was time. Tom thought me pointing at my VERY PREGNANT belly and having a strongly worded conversation was pretty cute. Eight years later and I can still make him laugh!

No comments: